Jessica Jackley, cofounder of KIVA, the world’s first microfinance website, shares her thoughts with Abbot Downing on entrepreneurship and finding a true purpose in life, even if you have to dig deep to find it.
- Entrepreneurship is “the pursuit of opportunity without regard to resources currently controlled.”
- Entrepreneurship can create value — making things better not just for oneself, but for others.
- Jessica offers three ways to become an entrepreneur:
- Know who you are (and who you’re not).
- Believe there is always something to learn.
- Choose to see abundance.