Jessica Jackley, cofounder of KIVA, the world’s first microfinance website, shares her thoughts with Abbot Downing on entrepreneurship and finding a true purpose in life, even if you have to dig deep to find it. This handout summarizes her comments and provides inspiration for anyone looking to find purpose and passion in a busy world.
- Entrepreneurship is “the pursuit of opportunity without regard to resources currently controlled.”
- Entrepreneurship can create value — making things better not just for oneself, but for others.
- Jessica offers three ways to become an entrepreneur:
- Know who you are (and who you’re not).
- Believe there is always something to learn.
- Choose to see abundance.