What steps can you take to protect yourself, your family, and your business in the digital world? At Abbot Downing, we are proactively enhancing our controls to help protect your personal and account information. To help keep you and your information safe and secure when you’re exploring the vast digital realm outside of the Abbot Downing environment, we’ve compiled a list of beyond-the-basics online tips and action steps.
- Check your computer for personally identifiable information. Store this information securely or remove it from your computer.
- Rethink how you connect and ensure that your computer operating system, software, etc. are current.
- A password manager that stores data locally or a cloud-based service with a mature security capability can help you track and protect your passwords from being stolen.
- Consider who should be able to access your data online if you cannot, and establish a means for them to be able to do so.
- Consider signing up for automatic alerts so you are notified when changes are made to your account profile.